[Libva] HW scaling with libva

Ove Brynestad (ovebryne) ovebryne at cisco.com
Wed Jan 28 02:38:26 PST 2015

Hi,

While looking into image/video scaling and scaling quality on GPU's, I found that ffvademo seems like a good candidate to test the HW scalers on a Haswell with HD Graphics 4600. Now I would like to enable better filters than nearest/bilinear:

- ffvademo currently uses the texture sampling scaler to scale the video to the window size, right?
- can these do 8x8 filtering in addition to nearest/bilinear? If so - how is this enabled?
- can the ffvademo format filter also do scaling by just enabling the scaling flags, or do I need to add another filter to use the media pipeline scaler?
- Any templates/demos/suggestions on how to use the media pipeline scaler with 8x8 filtering via libva?

Thanks & regards,
Ove Brynestad