[LightDM] screwed up $PATH (emergency)

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Fri Aug 26 02:44:32 PDT 2011

* kraxadmin <kraxadmin at gmail.com> [2011-08-26 10:18]:
> Dear Robert
> let me ask you  why it _overrides_ system PATH?
> and how could I disable it. the way it uses the system path $PATH as it
> defined in /etc/rc.conf
> i dont understand why a display manager needs to modify $PATH, and
> absolutely cant understand why it _overwrites_ it >.<
> i attached the part of my rc.conf which $PATH is defined

I'm not Robert but LightDM simply sets a default PATH like every
other display manager (gdm/kdm/xdm etc.) for the session. You
still haven't told us what distribution/OS you're actually using
but if you want a different PATH for the session you are free to
override it in the session wrapper script or via PAM as with any
other display manager.
--
Guido Berhoerster