[LightDM] Setting default X session

Сергей shnatsel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:52:54 PDT 2011

Thanks for the update!

In the version from recent Oneiric dailies I've worked it around with
setting session=<session name> under [seat-0] in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf,
but there are some distribution and dpkg-related issues that are not really
lightdm's fault (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/799754), and I'm afraid I
can't edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf at all until that bug is fixed (or use
very ugly hacks - GRRRR!). Ubuntu seems to use undocumented features of
greeter (?!) or something like that, without tweaking lightdm.conf they have
the session name passed to the wrapper script as a parameter but I have no
idea where do they set it... Oh well. I'm afraid I can only ask Ubuntu
engineers about it now.

Getting back to constructive discussion, are lines starting from # commented
out or they're something else?

Thanks in advance,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff