[LightDM] LightDM 0.4.0 released
robert.ancell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:18:58 PDT 2011
I've just released version 0.4.0 of LightDM:
This release took a lot longer than I wanted, mostly due to the
difficulty of getting regression tests set up (system processes really
don't like being tested without accessing the system). But the good
news is we now have 8 tests, you can run these using 'make check'. I
plan to add a lot more over time, and this should make it a lot harder
to have regressions from now on.
Other things of note:
- There were a number of crashes that have been fixed and also the
code is more paranoid about NULL checking. There may be more issues
so please test thoroughly!
- There were a number of issues with signal handling that have now
been fixed. This should make LightDM shutdown more reliably.
- Some changes to the API to have more sane names, see
ldm_greeter_login and ldm_greeter_start_session (and the Qt
equivalents). This will require greeters to be updated to work in
- I've moved the config file from /etc/ to /etc/lightdm/. This is to
allow more configuration files for new features that will be coming.
- Autologin now correctly uses PAM to authenticate, previously it did
not so sessions may not have all their services started.
More information about the LightDM