[LightDM] multiseat support in LightDM?

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:52:00 PDT 2011

On 17 May 2011 21:28, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> Does LightDM support multiseat setups?

Short answer is yes, but there is probably still functionality to add.

> For example, I have a PC with multiple graphics cards, monitors, keyboards -
> used by multiple users concurrently.
>

> Will LightDM let me use one PC by many users concurrently (i.e. login screen
> on every monitor, allowing to start different sessions for different users).

Yes, see /etc/lightdm on how to set up multiple displays, i.e.

[LightDM]
displays=display1 display2

[display1]
# ...

[display2]
# ...

I'm not a multi-seat expert so you will have to file some requirements
on the LightDM bug tracker if there are more things required.