[LightDM] Xrdp

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 22:43:13 PDT 2011

The VNC server just listens to the appropriate TCP/IP port and then
runs Xvnc which does the actual VNC communication.  Ideally I'd be
able to do the same thing for RDP then the daemon doesn't get any more
complicated, and a bug in the RDP layer can't crash the server.

I don't know enough about how NX works but I suspect we could do the
same thing as for VNC and RDP.

I'm copying this to the LightDM lists in case anyone else has some
interest in this.