[LightDM] ConsoleKit support plans

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Sun May 19 16:00:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,

With LightDM 1.7.0 we now support logind (i.e. systemd) and no longer
require ConsoleKit. Ubuntu 13.10 will use logind instead of ConsoleKit and
was one of the last distributions that I know of to switch.

The question is, how long do we need to support ConsoleKit in LightDM? I'll
definitely keep it supported in 1.8, but for the following release (1.10 I
guess) do we need it? It's not hard to keep running due to the regression
tests, but I'd like to drop it if no-one still uses it.

If you are using LightDM and ConsoleKit (or know others who are) please
reply here so we know who needs it and for how long.

Thanks,
--Robert