[LightDM] How to set up a public computer without locking it down completely

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Wed May 29 15:13:35 PDT 2013

Hi rdiez,

In terms of how LightDM does guest sessions, there are some files you can
modify:
/usr/sbin/guest-account creates/removes guest accounts - you could modify
that for new behaviour
/etc/apparmor.d/lightdm-guest-session controls guest permissions

You can enable guest autologin from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf