[LightDM] custom greeter

Zsolt Ero zsolt at kano.me
Fri Feb 14 00:12:44 CET 2014

Thanks for the answers.

gir1.2-lightdm-1 comes from testing, as it's not present in stable. It's
the only reason I had to implement apt-pinning. So everything is from
stable, except gir1.2-lightdm-1 and liblightdm-gobject-1-0, which are
from testing. It works well so far.

So do you recommend having lightdm installed with "-t testing" and
having all it's dependencies updated to testing, to be sure that it's at
the matching version to liblightdm-gobject-1-0?

Thanks, I've had a look at the greeters and how to make GTK apps with
and without .ui files. You are right it's not related to lightdm, so
I'll be pursuing this question on the appropriate forums.

Zsolt