[LightDM] LightDM on latest FreeBSD

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:54:58 PDT 2014

> Well i am interested and it sems we are looking in parallel.
> 1) with dependencies we need on FreeBSD (Which Packages)
> 2) what patches? Robert says it works normally
> 3)Explain more. We need a workbench. and Start point.

Here shar files for lightdm [1] and lightdm-gtk-greeter [2]. You need
also add lightdm user and group in UIDs [3] and GIDs [4] files.

In liblightdm-gobject/language.c I use iso-codes to search country
name, because LC_IDENTIFICATION doesn't exist in FreeBSD. I also make
ineffective check utf8 because, we support no utf8 system.

In liglightdm-gobject/x-server-local.c I removed -novtswitch option.
Jeremy Messenger, who was the first working on LightDM used this patch
(for Xorg server), not me
http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/patch/patch-hw__xfree86__os-support__bsd__bsd_init.c

Keep in mind, it's work in progress.

[1] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/lightdm.shar
[2] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/lightdm-greeter-gtk.shar
[3] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/patches/UIDs.diff
[4] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/patches/GIDs.diff

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Olivier Duchateau
> <duchateau.olivier at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I saw previous message, so I subscribe at list.
>>
>> I'm working to port LightDM (and lightdm-gtk-greeter) on FreeBSD.
>> Everything (with several patches) works fine with Xephyr. But in
>> "production" I get error, authentication failed (lightdm.log is on
>> another computer).
>>
>> Tested with LightDM 1.9.5 (when I began, it was the latest release) and
>> 1.8.8.
>>
>> I don't use the latest Xorg, and I follow the 9.2 branch.
>>
>> If someone is interesting I can provide shar file.
>>
>> --
>> olivier

olivier