[LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Mar 27 01:49:14 PDT 2014

Can you send me your log with PAM messages?
BTW, is it absolutely necessary to have a lightdm user? I run it as root.
Da: tjoen
A: LightDM Mailing List
Data: 26 marzo 2014 18.32.22 CET
Oggetto: Re: [LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos
On 26-03-14 10:51, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
No pam messages when run normally as the root user.
Here I see PAM-messages login by user lightdm
lightdm is version 1.7.17, lightdm-gtk-greeter is version 1.6.1
Is it possible that the greeter segfaulted?
That happened with me with that 1.6.1 version.
Workaround is deleting all the invisible files/directories in
/var/lib/lightdm/