[LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Mar 28 08:47:19 PDT 2014

We have our own illumos kernel fork on github, with customizations.
I may consider to change the delivered pam.conf to include my lightdm entries, once it works.
The problem here, I think is not yet about pam. It's not even arrived at pam calls yet.
LightDM just sits waiting for a SIGUSR1 from X never arriving....
I compared the code from lxdm (currently working, even pam), and I found this in lxdm, just
after spawing X:
g_message("add xserver watch\n");
for( i = 0; i
{
if(lxcom_last_sig==SIGINT || lxcom_last_sig==SIGTERM)
break;
if((s-dpy=xconn_open(display))!=NULL)
break;
g_usleep(50 * 1000);
//g_message("retry %d\n",i);
}
looks like a loop to check for a signal different from SIGINT||SIGTERM, and trying to XOpenDisplay
for some time, until it works or give up.
Maybe this is a fallback for SIGUSR1 not coming in?
Gabriele.