[LightDM] Lightdm lock invocation turns on screen, even if it is invoked on screen turn off

Jayson Willson jaysonwillson245 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:25:14 PDT 2015

Hello!
On my Debian Jessie system with awesome (no DE) I face the following
problem:
I use lightdm and light-locker as a screenlocker (both versions 1.4.0
and 1.6.0 of light-locker tested, versions 1.10.3 and 1.16.2 of lightdm
tested, and I experience the same problem in new Xubuntu 15.10). If I
launch it with "--no-late-locking", then if my display turns off (Xorg
settings) session only gets locked when it turns on again, and so I can
press some key on the keyboard, and it will be handled before locker
turns on -> insecure.

If I launch it without "--no-late-locking", then the following happens:
Computer stands idle for 10 minutes, display turns off, screen locker
turns on, display turns back on automatically, I should wait another 10
minutes for display to turn off again. Could you please consider dealing
with this bug? It is very irritating. See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1505757
Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely, Jayson Willson