[Mesa-dev] Mesa/Gallium overall design

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 12 01:55:05 PDT 2010

On 04/12/2010 10:22 AM, Luca Barbieri wrote:

>>> 4. More powerful and better defined clear interface with scissor/MRT support
>>
>> I'm not sure how scissors fit in, other than that you probably have to
>> hax them on your HW to work with clears, but this isn't really a
>> problem any longer. If you want to involve e.g. MRTs in your clears,
>> patch util_clear to do it. Also how is this a GL thing?
>
> Because glClear respects scissors, and some hardware provides
> scissor-supporting CLEAR as well, while some may instead have the
> opposite.
> So IMHO there should be a separate full_clear and clear_with_scissors,
> or something like that.

Hrm. So you dislike my patch about clearing buffers so much that you ignore
its existence ? You could have suggested to add a new full_clear function in
Hrm. So you dislike my patch about clearing buffers so much that you
ignore it ?

People could have suggested to add a new full_clear function in addition
to the CAP I proposed, rather than the CAP modifying the behaviour of
the existing clear function (which was, admittedly, probably a bad idea).

Well, it's only Monday, maybe just didn't see it, so here's a reminder.

Christoph