[Mesa-dev] failed to compile mesa

Joakim Sindholt bacn at zhasha.com
Sun Apr 18 07:22:36 PDT 2010

You don't need a newer library. You're very simply missing the header
files necessary to build the newest version of mesa (although I've no
idea why it worked before, as those are very common headers).
If you're using Fedora, you'll want to install libX11-devel. If you're
running some other "modern" distribution, the headers will be separated
from the library packages, called {pkgname}-dev(el) or something
similar. Install that and you should be golden.

Any compile errors that are not missing header related you can come back
with. If you do so, please provide the exact method you used to compile
mesa.