[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Branch maintenance

Jakob Bornecrantz jakob at vmware.com
Fri Apr 23 04:12:17 PDT 2010

Hi all

So mesa has a fair bit of branches just laying around not doing
anything. I wrote a quick script that prints the branch name and the
number of commits that this branch has which are not on the master
branch. I have attached a full list but here is a random short list:

gallium-s3tc: 0
gallium-sampler-view: 0
gallium-screen-context: 3
gallium-softpipe-winsys: 1
gallium-st-api: 0
gallium-st-api-dri: 0
gallium-strict-aliasing: 0
gallium-sw-api: 6
gallium-sw-api-2: 0
gallium-targets: 0
gallium-tex-surfaces: 0
gallium-texture-transfer: 0
gallium-tgsi-semantic-cleanup: 0
gallium-util-format-is-supported: 1
gallium-vertex-linear: 0
gallium-vertexelementcso: 0
gallium-wgl-rework: 0
gallium-winsys-handle: 7
gallium-winsys-handle-rebased: 0
gallium-winsys-private: 1

Quite a fair bit branch that has no special commits, is it okay to
remove those? I know this a bit of throwing a stone in a glass house
considering I'm responsible for a fair bit, 4 of those just from the
list in the mail.

Cheers Jakob.