[Mesa-dev] Merging GLES1/2 to mesa/main

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Apr 28 07:16:22 PDT 2010

Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> 2010/4/27 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net>:
> [ I hit send to early there... ]
>> review the patches, or at least just some of them.  The overall
>> approach is
>
>  1. Add a API tag to GLcontext so we key off of that.
>  2. Use API-aware constructor where we create GLES1/2 contexts
> (currently only ES1/2 state trackers)
>  3. Move ES functionality from src/mesa/es into src/mesa/main in a
> number of steps (this is the bulk of the series).  To make this work
> we have to change some of the tables and generated code so it can all
> co-exists in the same .so file.
>  4. Update the DRI interface to allow creating API specific contexts
>  5. Use the new DRI interface in EGL/DRI2
>  6. Build libGLES1/2 from the glapi files
>
> I'm hoping to merge the branch this week, but if somebody wants to
> spend a little longer looking over the patches, let me know and I can
> wait.

Looks good, Kristian.  Just minor things...

1. Can the __DRI_API_* values be made into a real enum (as you did
with gl_api in core Mesa)?  And replace the 'int api' parameter with
the enum type.

2. I think I'd like the code related to compressed/paletted textures
to live in a separate source file.  The teximage.c file is pretty big
already.  This could be done later though - no big deal.

You can merge this to mesa/master whenever you want, as far as I'm
concerned.

-Brian