[Mesa-dev] gallium bound checking patch broke r600g in weird way

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:55:30 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Zack Rusin <zackr at vmware.com> wrote:
> On Friday 30 July 2010 17:51:21 Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:

>> > I'm getting the same with swrastg on in 32bit VM, "git clean -fdx":ed
>> > even.
>>
>> Me and Jerome tracked it down to the SSE code generated by the tgsi
>> runtime. Exporting GALLIUM_NOSSE avoids the bug. I'm guessing you are
>> either using LLVM or 64bit which doesn't have SSE codegen.
I am having this warning

  draw/draw_vs_sse.c: In function ‘draw_create_vs_sse’:
  draw/draw_vs_sse.c:172: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

It seems the prototype of vs_sse_run_linear was not updated in the commit and
the function body is accessing the wrong arguments.
> We actually talked about removing the SSE code from draw. We have the
> interpreted paths (safe and easier to debug) and the LLVM paths (for
> performance) and the no one is too keen to maintain the SSE code.
>
> Unless someone would like to maintain the SSE paths if I'll have a bit of time
> I'm probably going to remove them next week. They'll be still in the git
> history if someone will ever want to bring them back but right now they tend
> to crash a bit (like in this case) which is more trouble than it's worth.
Yeah, that sounds good.  This is not the first time (#28752) the SSE
path gives weird bugs.

--
olv at LunarG.com