[Mesa-dev] VTK Offscreen Segfaults

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Wed Aug 4 14:58:16 PDT 2010

"Kevin H. Hobbs" <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> writes:
> On 08/04/2010 04:21 PM, tom fogal wrote:
> >
> > Can you try valgrind?  Perhaps somehow the generated dispatch
> > code is jumping into lalaland and somehow magically ends up in
> > vbo_exec_EvalCoord1fv (pretty far-fetched, but I'm out of ideas
> > here...).
>
> valgrind suggested I add --leak-check=3Dfull which certainly added
> some information :

--leak-check'ing is never useful when an app crashes; destructors,
atexit()s, etc. don't get run, and so leaks are reported that wouldn't
happen in practice.

Anyway... I admit I am stumped.  I did take a look at that VTK code
and realized I was wrong, it doesn't create the context there, it only
sets up default matrices and the like.  Still, that method doesn't call
glPolygonStipple, anything to do with VBOs, glSecondaryColor, etc.

If you can find the commit that started the trouble (using git bisect),
that might shed some light.

-tom