[Mesa-dev] glsl2: optimizing unused struct assignments

Aras Pranckevicius aras at unity3d.com
Fri Aug 6 00:46:17 PDT 2010

> Pushed a change that cleans up the shader you pasted.  Mostly.  There's
> still some junk in it that we could do better at.  Results below.

Very nice, thanks!

> By the way, it would be useful to get some examples of your shaders as
> shader_runner tests in piglit.  That makes them easy to analyze for
> optimization opportunities, and they serve as regression tests to make
> sure we don't break your shaders.  Would you be up for making some of
> those?

I don't quite know what piglit or shader_runner is... I guess it's
stuff here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit/tree/tests/shaders ?

I do have about 500 random shaders from Unity here:
http://github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/tree/glsl2/src/glsl/optimizer-tests/
(the *-in.txt files), but to prepare them for piglit I'd have to think
up some instructions to draw something and inspect the pixel values,
right?

--
Aras Pranckevičius
work: http://unity3d.com