[Mesa-dev] VTK Offscreen Segfaults

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Wed Aug 11 20:55:25 PDT 2010

Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> writes:
[snip]
> So, sorry for not reading the whole thread, but is GL being linked
> because it's needed by the app, because pkg-config said so, or
> because the linker added it?

It's needed by the app.  Not really, it's not used at runtime, but
needed at link time because the app has glX* codepaths.  Those paths
are never taken in the case of the test program.

Via another thread, it turns out Kevin *wasn't* using Mesa's mangling
support, so we're waiting to hear back on that.  I've hit similar
weirdness even *with* mangling though, so I'm kind of hoping Kevin
still hits it, because I never had a good reproducer and my software
stack was larger.

-tom