[Mesa-dev] talloc (Was: Merge criteria for glsl2 branch)

José Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri Aug 13 06:27:22 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 14:46 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:

> José Fonseca wrote:
>
> > OK.
> >
> > What about this:
> >
> > For GLUT, GLEW, LLVM and all other dependencies I'll just make a SDK
> > with the binaries, with debug & release, 32 & 64 bit, MinGW & MSVC
> > versions. One seldom needs to modify the source anyway, and they have
> > active upstream development.
> >
> > But I perceive talloc as different from all above: it's very low level
> > and low weight library, providing very basic functionality, and upstream
> > never showed interest for Windows portability. I'd really prefer to see
> > the talloc source bundled (and only compiled on windows), as a quick way
> > to have glsl2 merged without causing windows build failures.
>
> This seems like a reasonable compromise.  Is this something that you and
> / or Aras can tackle?  I don't have a Windows build system set up, so I
> wouldn't be able to test any build system changes that I made.

I've pushed a new branch glsl2-win32 that includes Aras' patch, and all
necessary fixes to get at least MinGW build successfully.

I had to rename some tokens in order to avoid collisions with windows.h
defines. Aras didn't mention this problem before. Perhaps the indirect
windows.h include can be avoided, or you prefer to handle this some
other way.

Jose