[Mesa-dev] gallium & texture rectangles

Luca Barbieri luca at luca-barbieri.com
Wed Aug 18 09:08:44 PDT 2010

> I have a feeling that CL performance will not matter that much for
> nvfx and r300, compared to nv50 and r600.

Sure.
The point is that if you can't use normalized coordinates at all on
PIPE_TEXTURE_RECT, you can't implement OpenCL well on nv50 and r600.
Hence, that should be allowed on OpenCL capable cards (and not on others).

> r300 having to emit a shader instruction unconditionally in this case
> really isn't that big of a deal.
On nVidia cards, this doesn't matter, since they never prefer the
normalization opposite to the OpenGL-required one.
So if the maintainers of Radeon and software renderers, who might
care, don't, I suppose we could as well not introduce the feature,
even though I'm not totally convinced of this.