[Mesa-dev] Gallium improvements and cleanups
maraeo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:59:59 PST 2010
first there's a few of patches of mine that are still awaiting a review. Those are:
[PATCH] st/mesa: advertise GL_ARB_half_float_pixel (posted on Dec 18)
[PATCH] mesa: preserve 10 bits of precision in the texstore general path for ARGB2101010 (posted on Dec 22)
[PATCH] u_upload_mgr: keep the upload buffer mapped until it is flushed (posted on Dec 25)
Now about this patch series. It contains all sorts of stuff from my private branch which I consider useful. Please see below.
[PATCH 1/7] u_upload_mgr: new features
- This is an important patch I need for r300g, because the current u_upload_mgr interface no longer suits my needs. It depends on the previous u_upload_mgr patch sent on Dec 25.
[PATCH 2/7] st/mesa: do sanity checks on states only in debug builds
- This is a little performance improvement.
[PATCH 3/7] st/mesa: optimize constant buffer uploads
- This is an important performance improvement and gives drivers more freedom as to how they implement constant buffer uploads.
[PATCH 4/7] gallium: drivers should reference vertex buffers
- This is a preparation for atomizing vertex arrays in st/mesa, i.e. something that we need to address our biggest performance issues on the state tracker side. I'll post more on that once I have something that works and isn't a set of ugly hacks.
[PATCH 5/7] tgsi: remove redundant name tables from tgsi_text, use those from tgsi_dump
[PATCH 6/7] st/mesa: remove unused members in st_context
[PATCH 7/7] vbo: remove a redundant call to _ae_invalidate_state
- These three are just cleanups.
More information about the mesa-dev