[Mesa-dev] primitive-restart branch

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 00:57:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Brian Paul <brian.e.paul at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've pushed a branch which implements the GL_NV_primitive_restart
> extension (part of GL 3.1).
>
> It currently works for Gallium softpipe and llvmpipe but there's still
> a few loose ends.
>
> The new gallium interface for this isn't finalized.  It might make
> sense to put the new enable/index state into pipe_rasterizer_state.
> I'm not sure how often apps might change the restart index (i.e. how
> constant is it?).  Comments are welcome.
I am wondering if it is a better place to support primitive restart in
draw_pt_vcache_tmp.h instead of in draw_pt_vcache.c.  The restart index should
be compared before elt_bias, and the extension should also support other
primitive modes that are less useful (TRIANGLES, LINES, ...).

--
olv at LunarG.com