[Mesa-dev] RFC: Merge gallium-drm-driver-descriptor
jakob at vmware.com
Mon Jun 7 12:17:41 PDT 2010
So I just pushed my latest must organize things better in gallium branch. The branch does two things: rename drm_api to drm_driver_descriptor, moves the bootstrap code out of the winsys. The former is to remove some of the "api" misuse in gallium and change it to a more fitting name. While the latter is to give more power to the targets to build the driver stack, which is also their task.
I haven't converted all drivers yet but all of them should work thanks to the compat code I added. I'm planning on killing the compat code before I merge.
Also I need to figure out a good way to solve some of the target helpers code. The current wrapper code doesn't work since it gets compiled into the aux archive which gets linked in after identity, rbug and trace so it can't find the symbols for the create functions. I tried making that function a inline, moving it the header file and it worked for me.
More information about the mesa-dev