[Mesa-dev] RFC: Hardware branching for r500

Tom Stellard tstellar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:00:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have just pushed a branch to my git repository that enables hardware
loops and branching for r500 cards.  The branch name is r500-loops and
my git repo is git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/mesa

The subject pretty much sums up all the changes in this branch, but I
will say I decided not to use the LOOP and ENDLOOP hw instructions for
loops, and instead I implemented them using JUMP instructions.  I did
this because it is not clear to me how the LOOP and ENDLOOP instructions
are supposed to behave, and I could never get them to do what I wanted.
The JUMP instruction seems to work fine, but I won't rule out using LOOP
and ENDLOOP some time in the future.

If you're interested, take a look and test it out.  Comments are always
appreciated.

-Tom