[Mesa-dev] Merging GLES1/2 to mesa/main

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon May 3 11:20:33 PDT 2010

2010/4/28 Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com>:
> Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>>
>> 2010/4/27 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net>:
>> [ I hit send to early there... ]
>>>
>>> review the patches, or at least just some of them.  The overall
>>> approach is
>>
>>  1. Add a API tag to GLcontext so we key off of that.
>>  2. Use API-aware constructor where we create GLES1/2 contexts
>> (currently only ES1/2 state trackers)
>>  3. Move ES functionality from src/mesa/es into src/mesa/main in a
>> number of steps (this is the bulk of the series).  To make this work
>> we have to change some of the tables and generated code so it can all
>> co-exists in the same .so file.
>>  4. Update the DRI interface to allow creating API specific contexts
>>  5. Use the new DRI interface in EGL/DRI2
>>  6. Build libGLES1/2 from the glapi files
>>
>> I'm hoping to merge the branch this week, but if somebody wants to
>> spend a little longer looking over the patches, let me know and I can
>> wait.
>
> Looks good, Kristian.  Just minor things...
>
> 1. Can the __DRI_API_* values be made into a real enum (as you did with
> gl_api in core Mesa)?  And replace the 'int api' parameter with the enum
> type.
>
> 2. I think I'd like the code related to compressed/paletted textures to live
> in a separate source file.  The teximage.c file is pretty big already.  This
> could be done later though - no big deal.
>
> You can merge this to mesa/master whenever you want, as far as I'm
> concerned.

As you probably saw, I merged it over the weekend.  I think we got
most of the rough edges worked out yesterday.

I also pushed a branch called 7.8-gles, with the gles changes based on
the 7.8 branch.  This makes it easy for anybody shipping 7.8 to make a
patch to add gles support.  I intend to cherry-pick gles fixes from
master as they happen and merge the 7.8 branch into 7.8-gles as fixes
happens there.  This isn't a commentary on the development process
thread or an attempt to subvert anything, we just have a use for 7.8
with gles support at the moment and I figured the branch might be
useful for others.

Kristian