[Mesa-dev] Status update of XvMC on R600

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Sat Nov 6 09:30:44 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

just wanted to give a little status update for the xvmc state tracker
for r600 hardware. I think I found most of the bugs related to
progressive video playback and it now seems to work 100%. I also started
to implement interlaced video support, which already looks quite good at
the moment, maybe 90% working for frame pictures.

To get interlaced videos working I had to change the shader layout quite
a bit, it works with r600 and softpipe, but could someone please check
if this is also working on nvidia hardware?

As usually the source can be found here
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/xvmc-r600 in the pipe-video
branch.

@Thomas:
How far did your iDCT implementation got?
If it isn't already done I would like to try it myself as the next step.

Regards,
Christian.