[Mesa-dev] Dri api

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Wed Nov 10 01:21:38 PST 2010

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 23:42:54 Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2010-11-10 at 18:36 +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:
> > In mesa/src/driclient/src/XF86dri.c, if i use the
> > api to make a drawable, how can i find the buffer
> > pixel format?
>
> From the underlying X drawable.
>
> Beware that this is old DRI1 stuff, which shouldn't be used for new
> development.

Is src/driclient still useful today?  I know that DRI1 is still around, but
src/driclient hasn't been touched in two years, and I thought I read that it
had been replaced by newer code (i.e. it's obsolete even for DRI1).  I may be
mistaken.  Reading the history, I'm not clear what it was meant to accomplish.

Do we want to keep it, or can we remove it from the tree?