[Mesa-dev] Status update of XvMC on R600

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Thu Nov 11 04:26:52 PST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 10.11.2010, 15:30 -0500 schrieb Younes Manton:
> In the meantime, I suggest you check if your vertex buffers are in
> sytem memory (preferably at least WC-ed if not cached); I don't recall
> spending that much time in gen_block_verts in Nouveau.

Looks like your suspicions about the vertex buffer not being in system
memory were right. Even if I move every single calculation from
gen_block_verts into the vertex shader the cpu time spend in this
function doesn't goes below ~35%.

I also doesn't understand why it's only gen_block_verts and not
gen_macroblock_verts. Probably because most blocks are only intra
blocks, but we will see if this changes when I manage to implement
proper buffer usage modes into r600g.

Christian.