[Mesa-dev] u_blitter cpu/gpu stall

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 23 03:13:38 PST 2010

On 11/23/2010 05:06 AM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> So I was looking at some perf traces from r600g, and I see a stall on
> the blitter quad vbuf, every clear will cause the CPU to block on the
> mapping of the vbuf to upload the new coords. On r300g I can see this
> not mattering as the immediate upload path takes care of things,
> however I think we should probably do something like the attached and
> fire and forget the vertex buffer.

Or you could forget your buffer object internally, doesn't destroying
the whole pipe buffer cause more work for r300g then ?

If you do this, one might think about also creating a new pipe buffer on
every glMapBuffer call, so maybe this issue is better handled internally
(in your pipe driver) ?

Christoph