[Mesa-dev] XvMC gets iDCT support (at least on R600)

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Nov 23 17:09:25 PST 2010

Christian König wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 14:17 +0000 schrieb Andy Furniss:
>> Apart from -DDEBUG the extra -g is the only difference I have spotted in
>> a diff of the make outputs so far.
> Ok, i'm just an idiot. totally forgot that an assert evaluates to
> nothing on a non debug build.
>
> A fix is checked in, so please try again.

Working now without debug.

>> I notice there are some extra artifacts on the pendulum stream now in
>> the form of blocks around the coloured circles.
> You can also see some artefacts on "large" (at least 8x8 pixel) areas of
> black going into bright colours with sharp edges. I think that is either
> because of signed normalized 16bits aren't precise enough to calculate
> the idct or because of the missing clamping on non intra frames.

Actually in the case of pendulum, what I saw as artifacts are in reality
small areas of correctness where black/white are rendered properly as 0/255.

Compared to pre-idct, idct is mostly not rendering black or white
correctly. The (HD) test stream -

http://www.w6rz.net/ramp.zip

Looked OK before idct but is quite wrong now.