[Mesa-dev] 7.8.3 release

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Thu Oct 21 14:29:58 PDT 2010

tom fogal <tfogal at sci.utah.edu> writes:
> Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> writes:
> > On 08/23/2010 10:12 AM, tom fogal wrote:
> > > Anyway the point of this mail is that I'd like to push whomever
> > > does these things (Ian?) to create a 7.8.3 release.
> >
> > Tom, I'll merge your branch and do some testing here.
> >
> > I'd be happy to make the 7.8.3 release at any time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I still have a few tests to do myself.  I'm sure I'll find the time
> for it over the next week; if you want to do an RC, I'd say go for it
> whenever you'd like, otherwise please give me a bit :)

This dropped off my radar, sorry.

I found a uniform handling problem with 7.8, but it's hard to track
down and only effects one of our code paths with big red 'broken'
signs on it anyway.  Further, major upgrades are a pain for us because
minor rasterization changes have large implications on our test suite.
Finally, current 7.8 branch fixes a couple issues which are biting us
pretty hard.

Thus: I'd really like to push for a 7.8.3 release.  Current branch head
is fine for that, AFAIR...

-tom