[Mesa-dev] adaptation of egl to proprietary window system

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:24:26 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Eugen Friedrich
<friedrix at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello dear mesa developers,
>
> I will use one of the mesa drivers to render some gles1 gles2 and openvg
> applications.
> This applications will run in the virtual machine so the software rendering
> should be used.
>
> Additionally I will use proprietary window system that supports many logical
> screens and
> some special functionality for merging and alpha blending of this screen to
> one output screen
> (this output screen should be displayed with X11 windowing system)
>
> Which parts of egl and maybe which driver should I use to start my
> development?
You can configure mesa this way (untested)

  $ ./configure --disable-opengl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 --enable-openvg

to build only the necessary components.  It will use egl_gallium driver.
> And maybe someone could estimate how many effort is necessary to do this
> kind of adaptation?
You are gonna need to add your window system to eglplatform.h and make
src/egl/main/ recognize it.  But the heavy work would be to add a
backend for your window system for use by egl_gallium.  But you should
note that EGL does not define a way to select a screen of a display
server.  You are gonna need to define a new extension or do that
out-of-band.

> Help or comments are very welcome!
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --