[Mesa-dev] Wayland with radeon-KMS pageflipping

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 07:21:04 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 10:36 +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> I made a 2nd wayland build:
>
> OK, there is definitely a problem with $DISPLAY,
> if I use a different one (for example DISPLAY=:1.0), I get "failed to
> create compositor".
> If I want to use DISPLAY=:0.0, the error-message is "failed to
> initialize display" ending with a Segmentation fault.

Taking a guess, I think this is the same problem I hit. wayland isn't
checking and exiting after it fails to successfully initialize EGL /
some other resource, and continuing on blindly - hence the segfault.

In my case, it was because mesa was compiled without --disable-gallium

That was REQUIRED for me to get it working.. just deleting the gallium
EGL modules to leave the DRI2 ones was not enough. (There might have
been GLES drives which picked up gallium of course, as I didn't delete
anything there).

I can get the compositor running, but all my clients quit as I've got a
problem with xkb maps not being found / compiled properly with
my /usr/local installed libxkbcommon.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,