[Mesa-dev] Mesa (shader-work): glsl: introduce ir_binop_all_equal and ir_binop_any_equal, allow vector cmps

Luca Barbieri luca at luca-barbieri.com
Wed Sep 8 15:58:04 PDT 2010

> The only people that it helps are people like
> S3 or XGI that don't have a budget to hire a full driver team.  For
> everyone else it just plain sucks.

This is the case for all Mesa/Gallium drivers, if you define "full
driver team" by the standards of ATI and nVidia Windows driver teams.

Hence, something that helps in that case is very much welcome.

I'm not sure however how reading some binary bytecode could be more
difficult than writing a full lexer+parser+IR definition, and surely
incredibly reduces the existance of corner cases.