[Mesa-dev] Mesa (d3d1x): d3d1x: add new Direct3D 10/11 COM state tracker for Gallium

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 03:45:42 PDT 2010

On 21 September 2010 10:42, Keith Whitwell <keithw at vmware.com> wrote:
> I don't see any reason not to merge this to master straight away -- this
> is all self-contained in its own directory & doesn't seem like it will
> regress anything else...

Since this is derived from code in the DDK, this will prevent me or
any other (potential) Wine developer from contributing to Mesa in the
future. I could imagine distributions or fd.o having similar concerns,
but perhaps they're less strict in that regard. To the extent that my
contributions matter, it's r600 that will suffer from this, which is
sad because AMD really has nothing to do with it, and I still think
it's great they released documentation. It would have been nice to
give people a reasonable chance to reply before merging this into the
main tree, but done is done.