[Mesa-dev] Sandy Bridge heisenbug

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:12:05 PDT 2011

Well, I've had to give up on bisecting.  It turns out that I really
don't have a clear definition of working/broken that can be reliably
tested.

With some snapshots, I get problems as soon as I log in.  With others,
a few clicks does it.  In other cases, the GPU only hangs after I've
done a bunch of "desktop cube" switches.  Etc., etc.

Even with 7.10, which I had believed to be solid, I can easily produce
a GPU hang by moving a glxgears window.

:-(