[Mesa-dev] gears doesnt play with softpipe driver.

Jakob Bornecrantz wallbraker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:20:29 PDT 2011

2011/4/4 kumar vemuri <kumar210in at gmail.com>:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Here is the glxinfo output: (its the same)
>
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying
> /home/lalitha/work/my_sp_drv/mesa/lib/swrast_dri.so
> Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Are you using the nVidia blob? I remember seeing these issue while
trying to run softpipe via swrast an the nVidia closed source drivers.
You can try building a softpipe backed libGL. You do so with the
command "scons libgl-xlib" and the resulting binary will end up in
build/linux-<platform>/lib just point LD_LIBRARY_PATH to there.

Cheers Jakob.