[Mesa-dev] r600g and S3TC

Alexandre Demers alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:35:19 PDT 2011

Hi all,

A simple question: is enabling S3TC supposed to work with latest git on
r600g? I'm using latest git and kernel 2.6.38.2. Libdrm is 2.4.24+ (git
from a couple of days). Libtxc_dxtn is latest version available from git.

When I try R600_ENABLE_S3TC=1 RendererFeatTest.bin64, I only see garbage
(automatic screenshots from the application are all black). If I don't
use the flag, the extension is disabled and RendererFeatTest works as
usual (still as some issues compared to another driver like i915 though
like no background and crippled text).

--
Alexandre Demers