[Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): i965: clear global offset to zero in m0.2 for VS DP read.

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Apr 11 08:31:51 PDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:16:34 +0800, "Zou, Nanhai" <nanhai.zou at intel.com> wrote:
> In fact this is not zero at multi vs thread cases on GT1, it will trigger DP read error when multi vs thread is enabled.
>
> I can not find where in spec says this payload M0.2 is reserved as zero,

g0.2 is delivered as 0.  See vol2a.03: Thread Payload.  We rely on that
all over the place, not just in the VS.

In brw_dp_read_4_vs, before your change, m0.2 was already getting set.

In brw_dp_read_4_vs_relative, before your change, m0 was loaded with g0
through gen6_resolve_implied_move(p, &src, 0).

In both cases, your change is dead instructions as far as I can see.