[Mesa-dev] List of OpenGL features/extensions to avoid?

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:19:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

Is there a list of OpenGL features/extensions that Mesa won't implement,
and should thus be avoided when developing a new OpenGL application? [*]

I know that S3TC has possible patent issues, and Mesa can't support it
in the official release.
Is there anything else in OpenGL 3.x (or OpenGL 4.x for that matter)
that should be avoided?

(I thought some forms of floating point textures are an issue, but
docs/GL3.txt lists it as implemented on a branch, so I'm confused).

[*] I haven't made up my mind yet if I should develop/test the app with
the Mesa (r600g driver), or develop it for GL 3.2 core profile, and hope
that, by the time I finish the app, Mesa catches up on the 3.2
implementation.

Best regards,
--Edwin