[Mesa-dev] gdb doesnt step into GL API calls of gears.

kumar vemuri kumar210in at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 07:49:11 PDT 2011

OK. i tried your command i.e. "./configure --enable-debug
--enable-gallium-swrast --with-driver=xlib"
and did "make".
I also ran "scons libgl-xlib" which i guess wasnt necessary. Correct me
if i am wrong?

Now i set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to lib/gallium and run gears. i see around
60fps on my AMD athlon x2. I tried gdb with gears and now it allows me
to step into the gl calls also.

Now would like to understand a few things that i did above:
a. is the libGL.so built (using the above commands i.e. configure and
make) under mesa/lib/gallium completely self-sufficient? Doesnt it need
swrast_dri.so or swrastg_dri.do?
b. On your comment "I don't recall if we ever made softpipe work as a
DRI driver.". Whats the purpose of swrastg_dri.so then? where and when
is this lib used?

Btw Thanks Brian for your replies. This is my spare time project; hence
the delay in response.

Thx