[Mesa-dev] How report error to application?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:08:45 PDT 2011

Following up on my earlier GEM object lifecycle question, it looks my
problem is probably a combination of a race condition in KDE and the
fact that Mesa is currently swallowing memory allocation and GEM ioctl
errors (creating region-less intel_renderbuffers which ultimately cause
segfaults).

The obvious next step is to patch Mesa to report the error back to the
application.  How is this done?

Thanks!