[Mesa-dev] [status][help]pipe-video on Loongson3A(mipsel) platform with r600

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Thu Aug 4 09:04:12 PDT 2011

fykcee1 at gmail.com wrote:

>> Does it work now then?
> No, it renders a corrupted playback
> http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/newmobcal1920-playback.png
>
> I guess that may be related with driver or DRM stack, after playback,
> my desktop corrupts
> http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/newmobcal1920-desktop-corrupt.png
> (Similar with "-vc ffmpeg12vdpau -vo vdpau).
>

>> I don't know how close to rv670 rs780 is, but I have artifact issues with my
>> rv670 that don't show with my rv790.
>>
>> If you can get it to display I would interested what -
>>
>> http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/Pendulum.mpg
> No, this renders a corrupted playback
> http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/Pendulum-playback.png,
> but doesn't cause my desktop corruption.

These look far worse than I see, and I get no desktop corruption, so as
Christian says it's probably not the same issue.

>>> That still doesn't use all CPU power(even with thread=8) according to top.

I guess a single core is maxed - press 1 (one) while top is running to
see separate lines for each core.

By chance it seems that your big buck bunny does not work with multithread.
I don't see any difference either - probably because it's too simple,
mediainfo shows it as using  Main at L3.1 with no CABAC

If I test with something that uses High at L5.1 and CABAC eg.

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/Planet_Earth_From_Pole_to_Pole_1080p_sample.mkv

Then I see a 3x increase between 1 and 4 threads.

> With:
> 1. Option          "SwapbuffersWait" "off"
> 2. xvattr -a XV_VSYNC -v 0
> 3. Use metacity instead of compiz
> 4. "mplayer -nosound -benchmark -lavdopts threads=N  -vo xv
> video-test/big_buck_bunny_720p_h264.mov"
>
> threads=1 vs threads=4, the result showed little difference:
> * 1 thread: 1519.509s
> * 4 threads: 1486.825s
> The details http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/thread_1.log
> vs http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/thread_4.log

Hmm, that's really slow. I guess I am spoiled by mplayer/ffmpeg using
asm and mmx.

Even if I force my CPUs to 800MHz I can play that stream at almost 2X speed.

Maybe it would be worth researching whether there are compile tweaks you
can use for your arch with ffmpeg and mplayer.