[Mesa-dev] (no subject)

Vincent Lejeune vljn at ovi.com
Fri Aug 12 13:32:34 PDT 2011

This patch does pack some simple varyings in shader object.
It tested it against mandelbrot mesa-demos and nexuiz-glx
(where there are varying packing opportunities) and I didn't
notice any visual change.

I didn't see any noticeable performance improvement either,
but I did not benchmark this patch accuratly. I guess however
that it depends on the hardware and the complexity and the
"well writteness" of the executed shaders. It should on theory
not decrease performance if swizzle is cost free on hardware.

I put this pass in assign_varying_locations but there might
be better location for it to be executed.