[Mesa-dev] VDPAU scaling rather than cropping 1088 -> 1080

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 17 04:52:33 PDT 2011

Maybe this is already known/just not complete yet, but as I've
previously written that r600 -vo vdpau without decode looked OK I ought
to mention it as I've just noticed.

1080 height mpeg2 or h264 "internally" is 1088, the bottom 8 lines
should be cropped off, which is what -vo x11/gl/xv/xvmc do.

vdpau is not doing this, but is scaling 1088 to 1080.

Depending on the source material this may not be very noticeable,
possibly just extra black at the bottom + scale, which is only really
obvious with vertres test type patterns. Some h264 I've tried do result
in a more irritating distorted green band at the bottom of the picture.