[Mesa-dev] glsl: do_vec_index_to_cond_assign not called; has problems if called

Aras Pranckevicius aras at unity3d.com
Sun Aug 21 06:55:35 PDT 2011

> > Looks like do_vec_index_to_cond_assing was lost in this commit:
> >
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=2f4fe151681a6f6afe1d452eece6cf4144f44e49
>
> Converting variable indexing of vectors to conditional assignments is a
> lowering pass, not an optimization.  We don't do it by default because
> some hardware may not need it.

Ah ok. Now I see that it's called much later, either in the driver or in
glsl_to_tgsi. Before commit 2f4fe151681 it used to be called inside the high
level IR optimization loop.

I ran this on the i965 driver with current Mesa master, and it ran just
> fine.  Can you provide a backtrace from the abort in IR validate?

Right, it probably does not happen anymore now
that do_vec_index_to_cond_assing is called much later in the process. Move
along, nothing to see here!

--
Aras Pranckevičius
work: http://unity3d.com