[Mesa-dev] DEATH to old drivers!

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:40:47 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 03:28:14PM -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
>> Ian's list of DRI1 drivers: i810, mach64, mga, r128, savage, sis,
>> tdfx, and unichrome. I have mga, r128, savage, sis, tdfx hardware, but
>> not the time to maintain it, let alone get it into DRI2-land, at this
>> time. If I suddenly get the time to do it, I'll gladly bring them back
>> up to speed, but as it stands, they've been getting cargo-cult
>> interface updates without any testing, and at some point it's actively
>> harmful to keep shipping them without testing, isn't it?
>
> Weren't you taking some time off from development? If so, why chime in
> on such a topic, and then especially use your own "lack of time" as an
> argument? That sounds pretty broken.

You're entirely right. My current full-time employer doesn't pay me to
work on Mesa, and I only am involved in Mesa development to the extent
required to support my GSoC student. I'm retracting my opinion on
whether these drivers should be removed from the tree.

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>